Looking for help to rebalance the Accord Battery Pack **Will Hire** - Hybrid Cars Forum - Hybrid Forum
Hybrid Car Forum Hybrid Car Forum

» Auto Insurance
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Hybrid Cars Forum - Hybrid Forum > Honda Hybrid > Accord Hybrid

Accord Hybrid Discuss the Honda Accord Hybrid.

HybridForums.org is the premier Hybrid Cars Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2014, 01:16 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Looking for help to rebalance the Accord Battery Pack **Will Hire**

Hi all,

I recently purchased an '05 Honda Accord Hybrid that was sitting for 2 months..
In anticipation of winter, I installed a new automotive battery (12v) under the engine hood.

Upon its first real day of HARD driving, the SOC (State Of Charge) indicator for the IMA Battery started to display erractically. IMA "green" charging lights came on more often than usual. Wouldn't maintain a charge. Any boost at all, it would quickly loose a bar of power and stop boosting. Ahhhh.. Looks like a weak IMA battery pack!

Had a similar experience with my IMA on my 1st GEN Honda Insight. When the hybrid IMA battery pack started to malfunction about 4 years ago. Dealer replaced it at no charge in 2010. So, I'm confident this time that the pack on this Accord is a little weak.

After 16 hours of mostly highway driving, and by entering a warmer climate, the IMA pack is now operating better. Yay!!! Yet, it won't go above a 65% or 83% charge on the SOC indicator.

So...

Here's my question to the group:

For those of you with Grid Chargers, that are familiar with a deep discharge, and slow re-recharging with a Grid Charger.

Could I enlist your help to rebalance this pack??

I'm in Georgia this week and am traveling North on Friday, Nov 14th.
Going North towards IOWA.

Where I end up, will depend on your offers of assistance.

I am looking for someone that can help me discharge this pack to reasonable voltages with light bulbs, then use YOUR Grid Charger to re-balance the pack. Yes, I will buy my own Grid Charger if the results warrant it.

I'd like to 'try to' recover this battery pack before spending the money on a rebuild unit...

More informed, the better!

After-all, a Dorman products replacement, part # 587-006, isn't quite reasonable $, yet.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to Jseries_IMA For This Useful Post:
davidwat (11-25-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Hybrid Cars Forum - Hybrid Forum > Honda Hybrid > Accord Hybrid